Monday, January 4, 2016

Lemon Garlic Confit Aioli

OK so Anna and I had brusselsprouts at Mockingbird in DT oakland, with lemon garlic confit aioli, blue cheese, and saba (an aged balsamic of some sort). We loved it so I set out to recreate it.

I didn't find anything that completely fit the bill, but the combination of these two recipes got me close:
Aioli made with garlic confit
Meyer lemon garlic confit

I made a lot so I could play with it after. The sprouts turned out OK, but they just weren't as crispy and delicate as the ones we had at Mockingbird.

I filled a mason jar with the aioli and I ended up using it all over the place.
-coating cauliflower with it and baking.
-on grilled cheese...so good
-spread on little breads under bruschetta

Here it is on some little breads:


No comments:

Post a Comment